Good afternoon TRR Readers!
The fall weather has arrived, but it has not dampened the spirits of the TRR Team. We have been cooking with our first ticket giveaway to Disney on Ice in both Baltimore & the DC area. Congrats to the winners once again!! Today, Dean is prepping to interview David Gray in the latest edition of TRR Spotlight. Also, we have your exclusive coverage of the Spooky Movie Fest and reviews of In Time, Anonymous, and The Rum Diary later this week. For today, we have a 9/11 liar, a NY Captain that’s on fire, and Captain America that set the bar higher in this week’s…
MOVIES OF THE WEEK
Jenna Fischer (TV’s The Office) gives “a game-changing performance” (The New York Post) in this irresistible and offbeat award-winning comedy set in 2002. Laura, a Long Island dental hygienist, sneaks cigarettes and pounds back beers to cope with her unfaithful husband (Chris O’Donnell, Scent of a Woman), overbearing family, and a brother-in-law (Rob Benedict, Supernatural) who’s loved her since high school. Her life really spins out of control when her husband suddenly dies and her 12-year-old son (Daniel Yelsky) tells an outrageous lie at school to impress his new classmates. Laura’s going to need a little help to settle into a normal life…or a lot more beer! Academy Award-nominee Lesley Ann Warren (Victor/Victoria), Ron Leibman (Norma Rae) and Brooke Smith (Silence of the Lambs) costar in this ” highly entertaining and richly human movie experience” (Box Office) from the creator of King of Queens.
- Cast interviews
- Jakob Dylan music video
- TV spot
From the producers of Shaun of the Dead, Attack the Block is a fast, funny, frightening action adventure movie that pits a teen street gang against an invasion of savage alien monsters. It turns a London housing project into a sci-fi battleground, the low-income apartment complex into a fortress under siege. And it turns a crazy mix of tough street kids into a team of kick ass heroes. It’s inner city versus outer space and it’s going to explode.
- That’s A Rap
- 3 Commentary Tracks
- Creature Feature
- Meet the Gang
- Unfilmed Action
- Behind The Block
Captain America leads the fight for freedom in the action-packed blockbuster starring Chris Evans as the ultimate weapon against evil! When a terrifying force threatens everyone across the globe, the world’s greatest soldier wages war on the evil HYDRA organization, led by the villainous Red Skull (Hugo Weaving, The Matrix).
- Two Behind-the-Scenes Featurettes and more
- Digital Copy
- Deleted Scenes
- Behind-The-Scenes Featurettes
- Marvel One Shot: A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Thor’s Hammer — Go deeper inside the Marvel Universe and unveil secret plans to assemble the ultimate superhero team, the Avengers.
- And more!
Experience one of the biggest movie trilogies of all time like never before with the Jurassic Park Ultimate Trilogy! “You won’t believe your eyes” (Rolling Stone) when dinosaurs once again roam the Earth in an amazing theme park on a remote island. From Academy Award®-winning directors Steven Spielberg (Jurassic Park, The Lost World: Jurassic Park) and Joe Johnston (Jurassic Park III), the action-packed adventures find man up against prehistoric predators in the ultimate battle for survival. Featuring visually stunning imagery and groundbreaking filmmaking that has been hailed as “a triumph of special effects artistry” (Roger Ebert, Chicago Sun-Times), this epic trilogy is sheer movie-making magic that was 65 million years in the making. “Welcome to Jurassic Park.”
- Digital Copy of all three films (offer expires 12/31/12)
- Return to Jurassic Park: Six-part documentary featuring all-new interviews with directors Steven Spielberg and Joe Johnston plus cast and crew
- Archival Featurettes
- The Making of all 3 Jurassic ParkFilms
- Original Featurettes on the Making of the Films
- Steven Spielberg Directs Jurassic Park III
- Hurricane in Kauai FeaturetteThe Jurassic Park Phenomenon: A Discussion with Author Michael Crichton
- The Compie Dance Number: Thank You Steven Spielberg From ILM
- The Dinosaurs of Jurassic Park III
- The Special Effects of Jurassic Park III
- The Industrial Light & Magic Press Reel
- The Sounds of Jurassic Park III
- The Art of Jurassic Park III
- Montana: Finding New Dinosaurs
- Behind the Scenes
- Early Pre-Production Meetings
- Location Scouting
- Before and After the Visual Effects
- Foley Artists
- Tour of Stan Winston Studio
- A Visit to ILM
- Spinosaurus Attacks The Plane
- Raptors Attack Udesky
- The Lake
- Production Archives: Production Photographs, Design Sketches, Illustrations, Conceptual Paintings, Models, The World of Jurassic Park, The Magic of ILM, Posters and Toys
- Deleted Scenes
- Jurassic Park: Making the Game
- Jurassic Park III Feature Commentary with Special Effects Team
TV SHOWS OF THE WEEK
Airing on ABC primetime from 1974-1982 and seen by millions, Barney Miller is a situation comedy television series set in a NYC police station in Greenwich Village. Captain Barney Miller is the kind of cop we’d all like to meet. He somehow manages to maintain order over a group of inner-city detectives who gamble for a hobby, get hit on by anything in skirts, go to Renaissance philosophy conventions for fun, and would really prefer to be writing. These colorful characters worked together to make one of the funniest sitcoms ever and is cemented in classic TV status.
- 32-page commemorative book
- New interviews with cast (Linden, Gail, Vigoda)
- First season of the spin-off show, Fish, starring Abe Vigoda
- Original unaired pilot
- Writers commentary on select episodes
No doubt remains: a mole has infiltrated the Circus, code name for the British Secret Intelligence Service. It can only be one of four men operating at the very highest level. Sidelined agent George Smiley is covertly tapped to root out the mole, a task that requires a painstaking dig through the double-blind world of Cold War-era espionage and his own past. Alec Guinness brilliantly captures the weary heart and steely soul of John le Carré’s master spy in an intricate drama hailed as one of the finest ever made for television.
- Exclusive interview with John le Carré (20 min.)
- production notes
- glossary of main characters and terms
- cast filmographies
- Le Carré biography and booklist
You may find all the DVDs wherever they are sold, until next month. I am Gone Till November!